The Republic of Ecuador was the first country in the world to officially consecrate to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on March 25th, 1874. This was done in the Presidency of Dr. Gabriel García Moreno. The National Government determined that in honor of this Consecration, a great basilica, called the Basilica of the National Vow, should be built in Quito, the Republic’s Capital. And it was precisely in this Basilica that on June 14th began a novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and several other activities in which the Mission For the Love of God was actively involved.
The Mission together with several groups of committed lay participated on Sunday June 18th, in the elaboration of the carpet of flowers with the logo and image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, adorning the street where the Auxiliary Bishop of Quito, Msgr. Danilo Echeverria, began the procession of the Blessed Sacrament after the Holy Mass from the Cathedral of Quito to the Basilica of the National Vow.
From Sunday June 18th to the 25th, the Mission took part in the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in Siege of Jericho. The Mission also participated in the Holy Mass celebrated by Msgr. Fausto Trávez, Archbishop of Quito and Primate of Ecuador, in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on Friday June 23rd. In this Holy Mass, the Consecration of Ecuador to the Sacred Heart of Jesus was renewed and the needs of Ecuador and the whole world were placed in His merciful hands.